1. Insert a disc with a DICOM study into a CD/DVD drive. If the default viewer is automatically started from the CD, close it, as this will enable you to obtain better reading speeds in RadiAnt DICOM Viewer.
2. Click the Local archive button on the toolbar in the main window or use the F8 shortcut.
3. Click the CD/DVD button on the toolbar in the local archive window (this button is hidden when no CD/DVD drive is detected) or use the Ctrl + Alt + O shortcut.
4. The disc importing process will commence. You can open the study by double-clicking on the item as soon as it appears in the list.
5. The status bar shows the number of imported files, total number of files, imported data size, total data size, importing speed, elapsed time, and estimated time to finish.
6. Remove the disc from the CD/DVD drive.