how to open dicom in cd (zip) version?

I downloaded zipped CD archive and can't find a way to open a dicom image. Can you tell me how?

Aug 12, 2010 07:35 PM
by Markus
CD/DVD version (available for download as ZIP archive) is designed to open only DICOM images placed on CD/DVD/Flash media. It is possible to use it on the hard drive, you could extract the archive to some folder and put some DICOM files inside, which would be automatically opened by RadiAnt Viewer. However, if you want to open images from different locations, we suggest you download the installer version (32 or 64-bit), on the left in the toolbar you will find two buttons for opening images either from folder or CD/DVD media.

Good luck!
RadiAnt Team

Aug 12, 2010 08:21 PM
Ok guys, works like a charm. Thanks!

Aug 12, 2010 10:35 PM
by Markus
So, I downloaded the .35 CD/DVD version and extracted to a folder. I then put a .dcm file in the same folder. When I run viewer.exe it does not open the .dcm file. What am I doing wrong?

Apr 19, 2011 09:30 PM
by Chadg
Hi,

Can you open the same file without problems in the installed version of RadiAnt? I could diagnose the problem easily if you could send me a compressed folder containing your .dcm file and cd/dvd version of RadiAnt.

Best regards,
Maciej

Apr 19, 2011 09:49 PM
I posted a zip file here:

...hidden...

Let me know if you have difficutly downloading.

Apr 20, 2011 07:05 PM
by Chadg
Thank you! I have downloaded the file and will soon start investigation :-)

Apr 20, 2011 07:30 PM
Ok, problem solved. In CD/DVD version you have to place AUTORUN.INF file in the root folder and the viewer inside RadiAnt folder (you should have the same structure as in autorun package zip archive). Then everything works as supposed.

Good luck,
Maciej

Apr 20, 2011 07:45 PM
I got it to work, thank you!

Apr 22, 2011 06:51 PM
by chadg
having trouble opening dicom images with the viewer from a flashdrive, what is the autorun.inf file?

Aug 16, 2016 06:46 PM
by jdaw
For opening files from USB drives please use the RadiAnt DICOM Viewer installer version (not the CD/DVD zip package):

The autorun.inf file defines the executable file to be started after the CD is inserted.

Aug 22, 2016 08:16 PM