new to digital x-ray

We have just installed an Agfa CR system with NX software. This software only exports jpeg images. What would I need in order to view using radiant friend uses it on a DR system and its great. What I am asking is there any free software that can export images captured on NX as DICOM images for viewing.

Mar 20, 2013 10:56 PM
by eugene
Agfa CR system with NX software is able to export DICOM images. I wrote from memory... On NX console software go into 'Main menu' (last right tab), on uper part of screen select 'Export images', select checkbox on some patient and under patient list you should have posibilities to change 'JPEG' to 'DICOM' or even 'NATIVE' export format.

Mar 21, 2013 03:16 AM
by Michał
There is only jpeg option on the newest NX software they have disabled the option unless you buy the SE edition (£1750!!!)

Mar 21, 2013 11:15 AM
by eugene
"The img2dcm tool serves as a conversion tool from a standard image format like JPEG or BMP to DICOM."

Mar 21, 2013 12:32 PM
by Guest
Physician must work on DICOM images. Images in this format must be sent to PACS server or at least physician workstation. If You have PACS You will need some tool to get DICOM images from there. RadiAnt is planing this feature in future: http://www.radiantviewer.com/thread.php?id_thread=288

Check is workstation software is able to export or burn DICOM images.

Converting JEPG od BMP (compressed format!!) to DICOM is not the same as orginal DICOM files (even compressed).

Mar 22, 2013 09:02 AM
by Michał
It can burn dicom cds. I know jpeg is compressed that is why I asked the question in the first place. I wondered if this would work until you get the feature up and running. Install a virtual cd burner burn Iso file and save to NAS drive. Virtually mounting the iso files on workstation as needed. I have a wired network so it should not be too slow.

What do you think would this work as a stop gap?

Mar 26, 2013 10:24 PM
by Eugene
Eugene, this could work theoretically, however, seems a bit cumbersome...

Mar 30, 2013 10:41 AM
The only way NX will export a dicom or jpeg image is via a virtual burner or actual cd burner, so I have to save as an iso file. Yes I agree very cumbersome. But at least I can get my images out of the machine this way. I can t believe it will nor export files. Radiant free software far better than NX. Thank you

Apr 20, 2013 01:12 AM
by Guest
Евгений, у вас получилось сделать эмуляцию дисков iso?

Oct 7, 2013 12:47 PM
by Em

In NX open configuration tool and add new archive

Now you can install Pacs device or burner device
Set all fields with valid IP, AET and port

Save and make "activating configuration" before exit

NX close and restart...

Now you can send complete Dicom study when you "close and send"
or if you have a real PACS when you pick "send" and choose "burner"

NX 2.0 and 3.0 have 3 ways of export: Jpeg, Dicom and Native

May 25, 2014 05:54 PM
by raven
please any one tell me how to calibrate a radiographic viewer?

Oct 28, 2014 05:28 PM
by kamran
Does anyone know if once an xray has been taken - can the name be changed if an error is made?

Jan 22, 2016 01:37 AM