RadiAnt DICOM Viewer 0.70 BETA - with MPRs

MPR function is hidden under CTRL + ALT + 1 (coronal) or + 2 (sagittal) or + 3 (axial).

Known issue is wrong display of cross reference lines when the source plane is oblique.

We'll appreciate your comments :-)

Dec 5, 2011 08:24 PM
I'm speechless!!!
MPR work so fast!!!

I just suggest to have direct "make coronal" and "make sagittal" GUI buttons, rather than shortcuts.

It would be easier and more intuitive.

Dec 6, 2011 05:32 PM
Well done, it's brilliant. Mpr is seamless very happy, would need to get icons up now

Dec 6, 2011 07:25 PM
by Sameer
Of course the final version will include MPR buttons. I just didn't want you guys to wait any longer :-) We can brush up a few things and you can at the same time test the MPR engine.

Anyway, I'm happy that you liked what you saw. Thanks for your help!

Dec 6, 2011 09:20 PM
I've noticed that if source images are oblique axials RadiAnt fails to generate MPRs... you hit the hotkey and nothing happens

We do a lot of TOF MR angiography of the head and sometimes the acquisition plain in quite oblique.

If the acquistion plain is more horizontal, MPRs work fine.

If you want I can send you sample DICOM files, with a working and a non-working source TOF sequence

Dec 7, 2011 09:04 AM
probably if the axial oblique angle is 45° or higher the MPR has troubles understanding if the source image is an axial oblique or a coronal oblique.

Dec 7, 2011 09:13 AM
We're aware of this problem. Please send me the DICOM sets you've mentioned. Thanks.

Dec 7, 2011 09:12 PM
check your mail
I've just sent you a download link with some sample sequences

Dec 9, 2011 08:58 PM
After few days of testing the new MPR feature I'm getting even more convinced that the software has troubles dealing with oblique non-orthogonal source images.

Apart from the axial-oblique TOF brain images I've sent you before, now I'm sending an entire MRI study of the shoulder (check your mail for the download link) in which MPR feature fails with almost every series...

this makes sense since MRI of the shoulder is composed by oblique-coronal, oblique-sagittal and oblique-axial...

if you double check only the first serie which is a triplane orthogonal localizer can generate MPR.
The other series won't...

Dec 10, 2011 06:59 PM
Thanks for taking the time to send the problematic sets. Hopefully we will quickly find a solution.

Dec 10, 2011 09:12 PM
It's a pleasure to help in beta test.

I don't know how exactly your MPR thing works, however I suspect that must be some critic angle of obliquity that confuses the software.

probably some degrees of obliquity are tolerated but beyond some level the software doesn't understand if that source oblique image is an axial-oblique or a coronal-oblique

Dec 10, 2011 09:39 PM
I've uploaded a new beta (0.70.2) addressing the issues pointed by Tommy:

Dec 11, 2011 08:07 PM
the new beta is amazing!!!
MPR works with any kind of source images!!!

Dec 12, 2011 01:24 PM
Thanks. That's how it was supposed to be :-)

Dec 12, 2011 03:21 PM
apart from MPR which are really a major improvement, will 0.70 have other additional features and/or bugfixes?

do you have a planned final version release date?

Dec 16, 2011 04:17 PM
We've been working concurrently on another major feature which probably will be announced in early January. There will be no final release until that feature goes public.

Dec 17, 2011 09:57 PM
wow!!! If that feature is still secret, it must be something really great!!!

Dec 18, 2011 09:19 AM
Well, I think it will be less frequently used than MPR...
It's not a big secret - soon we will upload some preview video. Stay tuned! :-)

Dec 18, 2011 04:49 PM
Ok, I'll check this website 24/7 !!! :-)

Dec 19, 2011 01:04 PM
Here you go ;-)

Dec 19, 2011 03:24 PM
I don't perform PET-CT studies, however I must say that your software is becoming something incredible...

Dec 19, 2011 04:00 PM
mmmhhhh.... wait a minute... maybe this feature could be interesting for me as well since I perform a lot of body DWI studies

do you think that I could try fusing the DWI images with conventional MR sequences just like you do with PET and CT?

Dec 19, 2011 05:25 PM
Let's try - could you send me a sample set with the DWI and conventional MR sequence?

Dec 19, 2011 06:17 PM
ok. I've just sent it. check email.

Dec 20, 2011 10:53 AM
Dear RadiAnt,

first of all many compliments for the essential GUI realized on DICOM field, it can become so dispersive..

Then, as sw developer, I'm surprised by your loading&rendering performance. If it's not a secret, could you tell me the graphic library you use..

Dec 29, 2011 06:01 PM
by Ascari
Ascari, thank you! As for your question - it's not a secret, we use plain windows GDI augmented by our own rendering code. The entire DICOM engine is developed from scratch.

Dec 29, 2011 06:42 PM
Excellent addition to RadiAnt. MPR starts in a flash, without any delay that's super cool. After we load Sagittal, Coronal and Axial, I think if we have a cursor or cross-hair sort of thing which we can adjust to our ROI(Region of Interest) in one plane so as to simultaneously see in other two planes would be superb. Please think about it.

Dec 31, 2011 03:53 PM
by DeoVolente
DeoVolente, a 3d cursor for easy navigation in reconstructed series would be very helpful indeed. We will certainly implement it in the future. Thanks for a suggestion.

Jan 1, 2012 03:28 PM
Well appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Jan 2, 2012 05:46 PM
by DeoVolente

take a look to this paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088810/?tool=pubmed

it shows application of MRI-DWI fusion.
they used OsiriX to fuse images.

i'm glad to know that RadiAnt Viewer will do the same in the near future.
any news about the release of next beta?

Jan 21, 2012 07:58 AM
Next week, hopefully :-)

As for the paper - yes, you'll be able to do the same with RadiAnt, however, in conclusions they state that accuracy wasn't improved by fusion.

Jan 21, 2012 08:37 PM
great!!! i'm so excited about next release.

regarding fusion i think that the main advantage is to have DWI images that are more easy to understand for referring clinicians.

I also think that fusion could improve staging miometral invasion in endometrial carcinoma. sometimes in T2 images there may be some doubt about degree of invasion

Jan 22, 2012 09:25 AM