Cannot open DICOM images directly downloaded from GE Centricity PACS

Hi, first of all, thanks for the wonderful software that you've created.

I was trying to export the DICOM files from my institution's PACS server (we are using the old GE Centricity 2.1). Using a HTTP debugger I managed to download the DICOM file. However when I tried to open it in RadiAnt, it shows the patient's name, study type etc, but not the image.

I've uploaded the file to a file-sharing website - http@://***************/file.html

I hope this issue can be addressed.

Thanks.

Jan 28, 2015 03:36 AM
by HKC
Hi,

Thank you for supplying your problematic file.
I'm afraid, however, that we won't be able to make RadiAnt read this file.
Our tools say that there are some errors in this file that prevent it from being displayed.
The transfer syntax does not match the pixel data. We tried to manually decompress it using different methods, none of them were successful...
Can you open this file in any other DICOM software? (We couldn't).

Kind regards,
Maciej

Jan 28, 2015 09:36 AM
Hi, thanks for trying that out. I can't open with any other DICOM software either (not that I have many to try with). It could only be loaded from the Centricity Enterprise 2.1 PACS server.

Thanks anyway.

Jan 28, 2015 02:12 PM
by HKC
It could be some proprietary encoding method used by the GE Centricity server. But can't you just download the studies from your server using PACS clients?

Jan 28, 2015 02:28 PM
The web-based client is old and restricted, only possible to download still images in jpegs. Not possible to download videos like angiograms.

Feb 2, 2015 01:04 AM
by HKC
HKC
Can you send me some images for testing if i can open this ?
For exemple you can use the transfer on http://dl.free.fr/
with a password on my mail : novop@free.fr
I am referent PACS GE Centricity at Lyon in France, but i have the 3.2 version
May be some software can read your images ?

Mar 6, 2015 10:05 AM
by novop

Visitors can post messages on the forum without having to register. Please input your first name or pseudonym in the "Author" field. Do not publish any personally identifiable information (PII).

Please ensure you write your posts in English so that our international audience can understand and reply to your message.

The Administrator reserves the right to remove any messages that violate our forum rules; for example, those that are not related to the RadiAnt DICOM Viewer software, published in a language other than English, contravene regulations, etc.