"overlay.xml customization" how to put "Se:X" and "Im:Y/Z" in the same row

hi there,
I started customizing my DICOM tags overlay setup editing the overlay.xml in the ProgramData folder.

I'm still learning the syntax and I was able to change position of tags, hide some of them or display new ones.

I wonder if it's possible to put more than 1 tag in the same line.

for example I'd like to have the series number indication and the image number indicator in the same row

actually the code is:

<i r="1" s="1" c="1"/> ' image number current/total i.e. Im: 3/14
<i r="2" s="2"/> ' series number i.e. Se: 1

how should I combine the two codes in order to have a single row displaying:
Se: 1 Im: 3/14

is that possible?

Oct 29, 2016 07:35 AM
Hi,

I'm afraid that it's not possible with the predefined annotation value. They can only go one in a row. You could only mix several dicom tag values in one row:
<i r="3" d="1"><e k="2" t="Rows: "/><e k="1" i="00280010"/><e k="2" t=" Columns: "/><e k="1" i="00280011"/></i>

Oct 30, 2016 05:52 PM
got it.

actually I was able to "build" this string:
<i r="4" d="1"><e k="2" t="Se: "/><e k="1" i="00200011"/><e k="2" t=" Im: "/><e k="1" i="00200013"/><e k="2" t=" / "/></i>

which shows: Se: x Im: y /

00200011 is Series number
00200013 is Instance number which is number of current image

I have still to figure out which DICOM tag to use to display the total number of images of the series.

once I found it, I should be able to have:

Se: x Im: y / z

Oct 31, 2016 02:26 PM
As far as I know, there is no special tag for total number of images in series.

Oct 31, 2016 03:20 PM
so how do you get it from your special tags?

Oct 31, 2016 03:57 PM
You can't... one special tag currently occupies one row. We will probably change this but it can take some time.

Oct 31, 2016 04:36 PM
Thank you. Another one to put on the "To Do List"
I'll be patient :-)

Nov 1, 2016 07:28 AM

Messages can be posted on the forum without registration. Please use your first name or pseudonym in the "Author" field. Do not publish any personally identifiable information (PII).

Please use English language when posting so that our international audience can understand and reply to your message.

Administrator reserves the right to remove any message (not related to the RadiAnt DICOM Viewer software, published in a language other than English, violating regulations, etc.).