show patient name in the taskbar

Sep 5, 2018 08:33 AM
this would be another usability and productivity improvement.

currently when you have multiple instances of Radiant minimized in the taskbar, all of them show the same text (i.e. RadiAnt DICOM Viewer 4.6.5 (64-bit) etc. etc."

so you don't have a visual clue of which one of the instances shows the images you are looking for...

many time I have to put each of those Windows up to front to see which one was the one I needed.

I'd like to have an option to show the "PATIENT NAME" in the taskbar instead of the main application standard text.

just like it happens in many softwares....

I use LibreOffice and even if I multiple instances of different .ODT files opened, each one in the taskbar is easily recognizable by the fact the application shows the filename instead of the application name.

a similar thing would be a bless in RadiAnt as well.
Sep 6, 2018 09:10 AM
Tommy, thank you for this suggestion, it will definitely improve usability.
Sep 7, 2018 12:27 PM
is this something that you think could be pushed into next betas?
Sep 21, 2018 07:14 AM
Yes, I think we will add this with the new betas featuring a local archive.
Jun 6, 2019 11:39 AM
new feature reminder
Jun 7, 2019 07:15 AM
Well, somehow me missed it ;-) Thanks for the reminder.
Sep 24, 2019 05:10 PM
any news about this one?
Sep 27, 2019 09:34 PM
Not in this beta cycle, I'm afraid... It should be implemented in the next release cycle :-)
Dec 1, 2019 01:37 PM
fixed in the 2020.0.0 beta#33180

this new feature is a bless when you are working with a crowded taskbar!!!
Dec 10, 2019 03:43 PM
just a minor observation...
I've noticed that the name of the patient in the taskbar only appears after loading one series into a viewport , not just after loading the case from PACS.
Dec 13, 2019 09:53 AM
The name of the patient displayed on the title bar is consistent with the active panel in the viewer window. That is, when you close all panels there will be no name in the title bar, even if there are still some series visible in the preview pane. We will probably tweak this functionality.

Visitors can post messages on the forum without having to register. Please input your first name or pseudonym in the "Author" field. Do not publish any personally identifiable information (PII).

Please ensure you write your posts in English so that our international audience can understand and reply to your message.

The Administrator reserves the right to remove any messages that violate our forum rules; for example, those that are not related to the RadiAnt DICOM Viewer software, published in a language other than English, contravene regulations, etc.